We offer dance classes for all ages from preschool to advanced, plus singing classes. We believe dance classes help children develop confidence, coordination, musicality, self-discipline and posture. Our goal is to be the most welcoming, enjoyable and high-quality dance instruction to all our students from preschool to teens. Our school was founded by Paula Hunt MNZM and we moved into new custom-built premises at 182 Thorndon Quay in 2017.
- Convenient range of day-time, after-school and weekend classes
- A welcoming place for preschoolers and beginners to learn a lifelong love of dance – a large range of preschool and beginner classes
- Wellington’s own Angelina Ballerina Academy – learn ballet like Angelina!
- Two purpose floored studios Thorndon (182 Thorndon Quay) and City (8 Fifeshire Ave, Te Aro
- Lots of Saturday morning classes!
- Local classes in Seatoun
- Specialist classes such as contemporary, dance acrobatics and extension teams to extend our dancers as they grow.
- Exams and performance opportunities are suitable for your child’s age and development. Biennial full theatre show.
- Professional and nurturing teaching team including RAD Registered Teacher & Examiner Alison Pond and ex-NZAMD examiner Suzanne Denton.
We have a class for your preschooler!
Most of our parents and students join us brand new to dance and it is our aim to give a magical introduction to the joy, advantages and fun of dancing, and make the experience convenient and rewarding for parents. We offer the Time For Dancing and Angelina Ballerina programmes. Click here to find out more about our classes.